In this policy, if we use the word 'we' or 'us', we are referring to Karl Vella LTD, company number 02834806, who are the data controllers. Our address is The Vella Group, Gillibrands Road, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8 9TA. To contact us, please ring 01625 734185 or email email@example.com.
We take our obligations regarding data protection seriously, and this policy sets out how we use your personal information. This page was last updated in June 2021.
What do we do?
The Vella Group is an approved and accredited vehicle body repairer that repairs accident damaged vehicles for individuals, motor insurance companies, managed repair networks, fleets, and local businesses. We work with contracted specialists and vehicle dealerships that supply us with parts, paint, materials, and services to enable us to repair your vehicle.
Why do we collect your personal information?
The Vella Group processes personal data when it is necessary for the following purposes:
- To provide services to you as requested or agreed
- To make an appointment with you to assess the accident damage on your vehicle
- For internal record keeping, to be able to respond to your enquiry and provide any invoices.
- To provide any follow-up communications after any vehicle repair
- For number plate recognition as part of customer service and site security
- To update you through the repair process, and provide a completion date
- To process payments by debit/credit card or bank account details
- To organise specialist repair functions such as system calibration with contracted third parties
- To help us to improve the services we offer
What information do we collect?
For us to repair your vehicle it is necessary for us to receive from you, your insurance company, fleet manager or company, any required personal data. "Personal data" is information about you which, either on its own or when connected with other data, will allow us to identify you as an individual customer to provide you with our services.
The personal data we hold may include the following:
- Your full name
- Your contact information (Address, postcode, email and/or phone number)
- Your debit/credit card details and/or bank account details (dependent upon payment method)
- Your purchase details (including time, date, cost, VAT status, and insurance excess)
- Your insurance company (If our work constitutes part of an insurance claim)
- Your vehicle information (Make, model, registration number)
- Your proof of identity (Valid driving licence and/or passport)
- Any security images from CCTV around our site
- Your work address and contact information
- Any calls and correspondence with us
- Any feedback you may provide
Personal data will be collected directly from yourself or passed to us by your insurance company/fleet manager/vehicle recovery agent, or another party involved in any claim. However where lawful to do so, some personal data may be collected from third parties to assist us in serving you. For example, we may collect data from the DVLA to check for any speeding offences before issuing a courtesy vehicle.
Please note you are under no obligation to provide us with your personal data; however it may prevent us from assisting you.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
The Vella Group is approved by several vehicle manufacturers, insurance companies and accident management companies. We may share your basic personal data such as your name, claim number and vehicle information with the relevant company to which you are connected to in order to provide the service you have requested.
Your personal data may also be made available to third parties providing relevant services to The Vella Group, such as specialists in system recalibration, replacement vehicle providers, auditors, compliance managers, insurance companies, IT hosting, and maintenance providers.
These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf in accordance with the services requested and contract terms imposed.
We may disclose specific information upon lawful request by government authorities, law enforcement, or regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law.
If we were to sell our business, we may share your details with the buyer to enable them to fulfil the service we have agreed with you.
Your personal data will not be transferred, stored, or otherwise processed outside the UK.
Are we involved in direct marketing?
The Vella Group does not engage in direct marketing activities.
Your Data Privacy rights
You have the right to withdraw consent and the right to object to your personal data being used. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find out more about your rights, here.
How long do we keep your personal data?
The Vella Group may keep your details on record for as long as it is necessary to meet record keeping requirements. We hold booking, invoice, and email details for seven years. They are then deleted in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation. Should you wish to make a warranty claim after this period, you will need to provide a copy of your invoice or our completed guarantee.
Changes to this privacy notice
The Vella Group may change this privacy notice to reflect changes in law, or Group processes.