The Vella Group is a well-established accident repair specialist with over 30 years of experience, helping people get their vehicles back on the road after an accident. We pride ourselves on providing a quality service which has resulted in our success and growth.
As a recognised industry leader, The Vella Group currently operate 12 sites with ambition to grow ever further in the future. Now is an exciting time to join as we embark on a journey of expansion and innovation within the industry!
The overview of working as a Paint Technician involves preparing panels for paint application whilst masking adjacent areas to prevent over spray, to then spray paint vehicles. Paint Technicians are expected to undertake the preparation vehicles and fulfil all tasks to the customer's complete satisfaction accurately and skilfully.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out preparation/ spray painting operations to the agreed method and of a high standard. All paint spraying to be carried out in a spray booth.
- Maintain and clean spray guns.
- Operate the spray booths to ensure the correct pressure and temperature is used within manufacturer's methods and guidance.
- Make sure that all safety precautions regarding petrol are in place (if engine is removed all fuel pipes are clamped, all fuel lines are intact, fuel tank is no more than one quarter full as a maximum and remove filler caps before operating oven).
- Ensure that air intakes are not obstructed and that all filters are changed as required to meet negative pressure requirements.
- Wear the correct PPE including gloves, eye protection and air fed breathing apparatus when mixing and spraying.
- Dispose of all paint, lacquer, thinners and general waste correctly.
- Adhere to company policies, guidelines and health and safety regulations (operate within Covid-19 guidelines, check appropriate PPE, have knowledge of COSHH requirements etc.)
- Ideally, you will be an IMI/ATA qualified Paint Technician with strong Bodyshop experience.
- You have a strong work ethic to provide the best quality service.
- You are a team-player.
- You will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- You are committed to delivering an excellent customer service.
- Ideally, you will hold a full UK driving license.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Internal and external training.
- Pension scheme and death in service insurance.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Perkbox - Access to hundreds of exclusive discounts and rewards.
- MediCash - Free healthcare scheme.
- Childcare vouchers or workplace nursery benefit.
- Uniform for your role.